logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Request: style files in wiki

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Mon Mar 9 16:14:29 GMT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM,  <stefan at binaervarianz.de> wrote:

> And by the way: could someone point me to a page explaining what exactly
> .typ files are and how they can be produced/merged into an .img? I would
> really like to get mkgmap-maps with the visual style of the computerteddy
> maps with his .typ file.

Regarding TYP files, the following page has a pretty good description
of how to do this, assuming you have access to a Windows computer:

  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_MapSource

If you follow the instructions, you can then use the computerteddy TYP
file with your maps.

There is some further detail on TYP files here (in German):

  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Saftl

Cheers.