logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how-to in using mkgmap

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Fri Mar 6 11:30:32 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:25 AM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:

> I prepared a simple how-to in making garmin map with mkgmap.  This is
> a request from several people.
> http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/2009/03/06/diy-garmin-routable-map-from-openstreetmap-data/
>
> Please have a look and correct if there are errors or a better way in doing it.

I notice in your example call of mkgmap that you do not include the
--product-id parameter. I think this is important when you produce
maps for distribution: otherwise the default map ID will be 42, which
could conflict with other maps produced from mkgmap. (Adding the
--family-id parameter would also not be a bad idea, to further ensure
that custom maps do not conflict with any others.)

Otherwise I think your blog article is quite helpful.

Cheers!