logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Keep left/right to xxx

From nyem nyem at sdara.org on Thu Mar 5 04:18:49 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Michel,
>
>> Mark Burton wrote:
>> However, changing highway=motorway_link from 0x01 to 0x09 (meaning
>> "Highway exits and connecting ramps" (according to
>> http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.php/POI_and_Road_object_Reference))
>> triggers some additional instructions (e.g. keep right onto
>> <motorway-name/ref>).
>
> That's worth having. We may as well also change the code for trunk_link
> to be the same.

My test routing (using osm2mp.pl and mkgmap r967) from E6 (motorway)
into Hwy3214 (primary) via Exit602 (motorway_link)

motorway_link=0x09
- mapsource instruction = "Exit left onto ramp onto Hwy3214"
- MobileXT = "Exit left on Hwy3214", "Continue on sliproad to Hwy3214"

motorway_link=0x0B (default setting in osm2mp.pl)
- mapsource = "Bear left onto Exit602"
- MobileXT = "Exit left on Exit602"

I prefer motorway_link=0x0B but not sure if other garmin devices give
the same instruction.

regards,
nyem