logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Keep left/right to xxx

From Michel Marti mcdmx at users.sf.net on Wed Mar 4 20:59:16 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> highway=motorway_junction { name '${ref} ${name}' | '${ref}' | '${name}' }
> highway=motorway_junction [0x2000 resolution 16]
>
> It's probably not the whole answer because when I tried it out in
> mapsource, the exit name wasn't mentioned in the routing instructions.
>
> It would be good if someone tried out routing via a motorway exit using a map
> generated with the above addition to points to see if a real GPS
> mentions the exit by name or not - I suspect it won't but maybe we'll
> be lucky.

Tried that on my Nuvi 250 (first with 0x2000 and then 0x2700) neither of
those seem to have any effect.

However, changing highway=motorway_link from 0x01 to 0x09 (meaning
"Highway exits and connecting ramps" (according to
http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.php/POI_and_Road_object_Reference))
triggers some additional instructions (e.g. keep right onto
<motorway-name/ref>).

- Michel