logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style Files

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Tue Mar 3 12:49:34 GMT 2009

0> In article <015a01c99bfb$96d75200$232e10ac at hhs.rochdale.sch.uk>,
0> Paul <URL:mailto:news at pointdee.co.uk> ("Paul") wrote:

Paul> I've not done much tweaking of styles before and was looking
Paul> through the default lines file. This has the following entry.
Paul>
Paul> highway=motorway {add oneway = yes; add bicycle = no; add foot =
Paul> no } [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=6 resolution 12]
Paul>
Paul> Does this mean that all motorways will have the oneway=yes tag
Paul> added?

Yes, unless they already have a oneway=* tag (e.g. oneway=no).

Paul> Can I add the section { add bicycle = no } to any other highway=
Paul> line if I want to prevent cycle routing from using these
Paul> highways?

If you really want to prevent routing along them even if they already
have bicycle=yes, then you'll want { set bicycle = no } - I haven't
actually tested this myself.