logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re: mkgmap-dev Digest, Vol 8, Issue 8

From David David.tlp at orange.fr on Mon Mar 2 23:36:54 GMT 2009

> De : David <David.tlp at orange.fr>
> Date : 2 mars 2009 23:15:00 HNEC
> À : mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
> Objet : [mkgmap-dev] About calculation time & pathfinding
> Répondre à : Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-
> dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
>

> Routing with Ireland osm file produces stranges results. I removed
> all errors found in the converted polish format file with mapedit
> but the result is still strange with Mapsource :
> - in many cases the pathfinding stops with an error,
> - the path defined does not respect any one way restriction on
> motor ways,
> - the diabolic pink line can vanish along a road and it can
> reappear few hundreds meters further,
> - the time computed for the route is totally wrong (it is like
> speed are minored by a factor between 8 and 12).
> In mapedit, pathfinding works well without any error on converted
> osm to polish format file.
> I did not find yet a clue in ... Any idea is welcome.
> What it is done with mkgmap is really a good work, thank you for
> this tool.
>

> De : Dermot McNally <dermotm at gmail.com>
> Date : 2 mars 2009 23:20:59 HNEC
> À : Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
> Objet : Rép : [mkgmap-dev] About calculation time & pathfinding
> Répondre à : Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-
> dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
>

> 2009/3/2 David <David.tlp at orange.fr>:
>> Routing with Ireland osm file produces stranges results. I removed
>> all
>> errors found in the converted polish format file with mapedit but
>> the result
>> is still strange with Mapsource :
>
> Strange - I still haven't had a chance to test this on Mapsource, but
> my Nuvi suffers from none of these problems. I generate my maps
> directly without creating an intermediate Polish format file, so that
> might be something to try. Failing that, feel free to send me directly
> your .img file and I'll test it on my device.
>
> Dermot
>
> --
> Iren sind menschlich

The result is worst (same errors but a lot more) if I don't correct
the few bad nodes and generate the routing graph with mapedit.
Thank you for your answer, I will send you my .img next week (8.21Mb).

Mapsource can be downloaded from Garmin website.