logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Mon Mar 2 22:21:20 GMT 2009

Dermot McNally wrote:
> 2009/3/2 Paul <news at pointdee.co.uk>:
>
>> One change I've just made is to reverse the direction of the link from
>> the M32 on to the same roundabout under discussion as it had the oneway
>> flag set but was pointing east so anyone on the M32 heading west
>> couldn't get off at that point (so there was an error in the data but it
>> wouldn't make any difference to the original question)
>
> Grr! Thanks for that. I was sure I'd checked that junction several
> times. Did you also remove the oneway=no on the M32 "mainline" (some
> mainline...)? I've put it back, as every so often somebody threatens
> to treat motorway ways as default oneway=true, and this one isn't.

Yes I did remove the oneway tag but I can see where you're coming from
although I can't recall ever seeing a oneway=no tag before and it would
be a brave (read foolhardy) gesture to suddenly declare all motorways
one way without checking each and every one first.

> Thanks,
> Dermot
>
> PS: This is another interesting case where the generic roundabout type
> is a nuisance - this roundabout is under motorway restrictions.

Cheers

Paul