logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Route includes wrong types of ways

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Mar 2 10:34:25 GMT 2009

Hi Carlos,

> So, I will take another look at this sometime but at the moment I can't
> see anything wrong with the data.

What I have discovered is that there appears to be a time penalty for going
around sharp junctions - in your example, if I add a node into Calle
Obispo Jesús Domínguez S of the service road and move that node just a
little bit to the E (which actually makes the route longer, but also reduces
the angle at the junction), it will route that way, rather than using the
service road. The angle at which the road meet appears to be what's controlling
this.

So, I am not sure that there is anything we can do in this situation. The only
solution may be to tweak your data.

Cheers,

Mark