logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Route includes wrong types of ways

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Mar 2 01:47:50 GMT 2009

Hi Carlos,

> Second service way and steps are not selected now, that's solved, but
> first service way (petrol station) is still selected. Right way is
> tagged as residential, with first part one lane and second part two
> lanes. Service way is 34.49 m long (only one crossing) and right way is
> 45.48 m (two crossings). Attached is an small osm file including the
> ways, so you can check better the matter.

I have been testing this using mapsource and I get the weirdest results.

If I select a route that goes around the corner from Calle Obispo Jesús Domínguez
to Calle Gil Cordero, mapsource calculates the time taken as 18 seconds or
more. But if you break the route into segments, the sum of the individual
times is just a couple of seconds. It looks like a bug in the time
calculation in mapsource (I guess the gps does the same?)

So, I will take another look at this sometime but at the moment I can't
see anything wrong with the data.

Cheers,

Mark