logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sun Mar 1 12:29:36 GMT 2009

Robert Vollmert schrieb:
> On Mar 1, 2009, at 00:21, Johann Gail wrote:
>>> It's time to eat humble pie. I managed to create a single tile with all
>>> the places and roads on that I've been testing and this chooses exactly
>>> the same route as the inter-tile file. It seems it was just a
>>> coincidence that the routes hit the motorway around the tile boundary.
>>>

>> Sorry, my testing gaves other results. If I create a map with two
>> tiles, then border crossing takes place at a secondary street with a
>> rather inoptimal route.
>> If I compile the same map into on single tile, then routing works as
>> expected.
>
> So you have a residential crossing a boundary that's not routed
> through, right?
Its not a residential, but a minor street connecting two villages. I can
set the start on this street, the destination on the *same* street
beyond the border and it will not route over the border. Instead it will
choose a route 30km longer with a secondary crossing the border.

Even if a switch from car routing to pedestrian routing there will be no
change. It routes me slightly different, but also crosses the border at
the secondary street.
> If you try to route just from one end of that street to the other, the
> route also takes a detour?
Even if I exchange start and end then no routing is possible on this
street.
> If that's the case, things I'd try to check next were:
> * running both tiles through test.display.NodDisplay, does the point
> where the road crosses the boundary occur in NOD3?
> * do things improve if you thin out the residential (in the .osm,
> before passing to mkgmap) so nodes aren't too close, and there's no
> nodes close to the boundary

I will try that later today.
I have noted, that there is a point on the street 5m appart from the
border node.