logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r953: Create POIs inside areas if they do not already have one.

From Bernhard Heibler bernhard at heibler.de on Sun Mar 1 08:36:52 GMT 2009

Hi Steve,

thanks for updating the poi branch. It seams that the base of the poi
branch is outdated. Could you re base it to the trunk ?

How do we go on with the integration of this code ? I know it is a lot
of stuff. My original plan was also to break it up in different chunks
to speed up integration. Then I noticed that most of the stuff is
required to make the whole thing working.

 From my point of view this are the different modules:

* Data Gathering. (StyledConverter.java, PolishMapDataSource.java).

This modules reads in the required additional tags. is_in and openGeoDB
tags: Used for Region and Country Info. Karlsruhe addr: tags used for
POI addressing. Question is can we leave it like this our should we add
some configuration file to define the tags ?

* Data Storage. (imgfmt/app/lbl)

Extensions to support storage of POI addresses and sorting stuff of city
lists. I think this should be easy to integrate.

* Helper Classes (general)

Add multi map and tile based point search map. Also some additions to
some existing classes for additional data storage.

* Region Data Processing (build/Locator.java and build/LocatorConfig.java)

Analysis of the is_in tags to gather country and region info. This data
is used to provide country region info to the city list and the pois.
This module  already be configured in ressources/LocatorConfig.xml. This
module is also used to translate different spellings of country info and
to get the country abbreviation tag.

* POI and City Data Processing (build/MapBuilder.java)

Fills in info into the Locator. Builds up the city and poi lists.

Thanks
Berni.