logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sat Feb 28 15:40:37 GMT 2009

Paul schrieb:

>>> I've removed the basemap from my 605 and have the same East/West
>>> problems so I can't see how it can be doing that. As I've already
>>> commented what I saw was that when routing east I would be directed
>>> along primary roads until I'd crossed the tile boundary (I didn't
>>> measure this exactly but it was close) and then directly to the motorway
>>> after which the given route was what I would have chosen myself
>>>

>> Ok, the difference may then be only the road type primary one. As all
>> primarys are in the basemap too, it is hard to distinguish.
>>
> It's time to eat humble pie. I managed to create a single tile with all
> the places and roads on that I've been testing and this chooses exactly
> the same route as the inter-tile file. It seems it was just a
> coincidence that the routes hit the motorway around the tile boundary.

I cant believe that, but will experiment with it later.

In my case I choose start and end left and right from the border, with a
distance of only a few km. The next primary road is about 15km away.
I cant believe, that it is only a matter of optimization, as there is
nearly a straight connection (lower order) between the two places.

I will try to get this area in a single tile and see what happens.

> I'm currently experimenting with different options for motorway speed
> and primary road class and speed as the routes being selected are (for
> me anyway) far from optimal

In general i can admit, that the choosen routes are not always optimal
but at least reasonable.