logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Fri Feb 27 21:57:26 GMT 2009

> I have just tested a German map using mapsource and can route from W to E
> across a tile boundary from a place called Zedwitz to Trogen (a few Km) - it's
> crossing the boundary using a residential street.
>
> Also, the reverse route works as well.
>
> If I switch to the basemap in mapsource it just draws a straight line between
> the end points.
>
> Do your problems also occur in mapsource or just on the etrex?

Hi Mark,
thanks for your support.

I have no mapsource running here but testing all on the etrex venture. I
use a map of bavaria (some weeks old), downloaded from geofabrik,
splitted with Splitter into four tiles automatically.
I'm using the latest R942 without modifications.
Inter-tile routing has never worked for me, but I thought this is the
case elsewhere too, so not mentioned to the mailing list.
Intra-tile routing works as expected, even if it shows me sometimes
suboptimal routes, but I think this is caused by the osm data.

Later I will reboot my system to windows, then I will test with mapsource.