logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Fri Feb 27 21:27:43 GMT 2009

Hi Johann,

> My impression is, that routing on E/W borders doesn't work at all, but
> takes place at the basemap instead.
>
> I've verified with two different start/destination pairs. Crossing
> borders in E/W takes only place, if roads in the basemap are available.

I have just tested a German map using mapsource and can route from W to E
across a tile boundary from a place called Zedwitz to Trogen (a few Km) - it's
crossing the boundary using a residential street.

Also, the reverse route works as well.

If I switch to the basemap in mapsource it just draws a straight line between
the end points.

Do your problems also occur in mapsource or just on the etrex?

I shall now put the same map on my etrex and see if it routes across
the boundary OK.

Cheers,

Mark