logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Fri Feb 27 21:04:13 GMT 2009

> I'm afraid I don't see any difference with the latest version.
>
> Sometimes (but not always) I can route from W/E near the top of a tile.
> I'll look for more patterns.

I've tried now with r942 on a etrex and seen the following:

Crossing S/N borders seems to be no problem, routing gives more or less
reasonable routes.

Crossing E/W borders doesn't work ok, as described by others too. In my
case it alway finds a route, but the route is really not optimal. The
inter tile crossing always takes place at a highway or a secondary one,
even if start and destination are only a few kilometers appart and far
from a highway.

My impression is, that routing on E/W borders doesn't work at all, but
takes place at the basemap instead.

I've verified with two different start/destination pairs. Crossing
borders in E/W takes only place, if roads in the basemap are available.