logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Finding a pub

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Tue Feb 24 17:57:25 GMT 2009

0> In article <87fxi50yvg.fsf at balti.rawlyn.homeip.net>,
0> Toby Speight <URL:mailto:T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net> ("Toby") wrote:

Toby> Should pubs turn up in the "Food and Drink" section of my eTrex's
Toby> search menu?  I get a nice icon, but no searchability...

0> In article <4dda9d8f0902231109g22a7a3f5x52fc7d6f96ce670a at mail.gmail.com>,
0> Clinton Gladstone <URL:mailto:clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com> ("Clinton") wrote:

Clinton> I find with the following definition from the default style file, that
Clinton> Pubs show up under Entertainment, subcategory "Bar/Nightclub":
Clinton>
Clinton>   amenity=pub [0x4600 resolution 20]

Odd - I have the same rule, but the only things that show up in the
"Bar/Nightclub" category are tagged amenity=biergarten (0x2d02).  The
icon for those is the same as for 0x4600, so perhaps I should use
0x2d02 for pubs?