logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Some notes on mkgmap Nod version 923

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Mon Feb 23 19:20:02 GMT 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 19:57, Mark Burton wrote:
>> Map created with revision 913 and following route (green -> red):
>> http://www.yournavigation.org/index.php?flat=60.264601&flon=24.875072&tlat=60.26231&tlon=24.871074&v=motorcar&fast=1&layer=mapnik
>> Only instruction was to turn left (vanha kaarelan tie). I took the
>> left
>> from the off-ramp. The instruction to turn right to Vaskivuorentie
>> was
>> missing.
>
> It's probably due to the fact that the way 5231105 joins way 6844890
> at such
> a shallow angle.
>
> The garmin direction message generation widget doesn't cope well with
> shallow angles. Roundabouts have a similar problem (it reports the
> wrong exit number if the exit way's angle is not to its liking).
>
> Don't think there's much we can do about that. It's the data.

We could do something similar to what you've done for roundabouts.

I wonder what would happen if instead of changing the geometry, we
just lied about the angles in NOD.

Another option might be detaching the geometry of the NOD network
slightly from the TRE/RGN geometry. I'm not sure if it's legal for a
node in NOD to have different coordinates from the corresponding point
in TRE/RGN.

Cheers
Robert