logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Some notes on mkgmap Nod version 923

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Feb 23 18:57:03 GMT 2009

Hi,

> Map created with revision 913 and following route (green -> red):
> http://www.yournavigation.org/index.php?flat=60.264601&flon=24.875072&tlat=60.26231&tlon=24.871074&v=motorcar&fast=1&layer=mapnik
> Only instruction was to turn left (vanha kaarelan tie). I took the left
> from the off-ramp. The instruction to turn right to Vaskivuorentie was
> missing.

It's probably due to the fact that the way 5231105 joins way 6844890 at such
a shallow angle.

The garmin direction message generation widget doesn't cope well with
shallow angles. Roundabouts have a similar problem (it reports the
wrong exit number if the exit way's angle is not to its liking).

Don't think there's much we can do about that. It's the data.

Cheers,

Mark