logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] About routing options, Mapsource and speed limit

From David david.tlp at orange.fr on Mon Feb 23 15:29:24 GMT 2009

The option "route" in a file called with -c option does not work for me.
I have to launch "java -enableassertions -Xmx512M -jar mkgmap.jar --net
--route -c options.txt mymap.osm" if I want a routable map.

Since someone set by default TDB v4, I can build routable map, thank
you. It is like "--tdbfile=tdb-v4" did never work for me since revision 86x.

I test the Ireland map with Mapsource and I observe strange results in
route calculation :
With shortest length selected :
Major highways are systematically avoid despite I setup Mpasource with
"choose major highways first".
Major highways are used only with "choose minor roads"
It seems to be an inversion bug with "shortest length" only. Moreover,
the distance calculated is bigger (68.2km in 8h21min51s !!!) than when I
choose the shortest time (62.4km in 8h18min11s !!!)
The one way restriction on motorway for example is not taken in account.
I did my tests on M4 motorway between Lucan and Tyrrelspass.
Is it a hidden bug on speed limit with an incidence on one way ?
On screenshots below, you can also see a hole on highway. I did not
found anything wrong in data...

Here are screenshots (there is no inversion between pictures):
setup with "choose major highways first" (motorway M4 is in orange):
Choose major highways first means minor roads !

Setup with "choose minor roads first" (the hole in the route should come
from map data) :
Choose major minor roads means highways first !

Wrong way in Mapsource :
Mapsource doesn't drive on left !

Good way in Mapedit :
Mapedit good route