logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] patch to correct plazas in default style

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Fri Feb 20 13:21:43 GMT 2009

Hi Clinton,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 6:49 AM, Clinton Gladstone
<clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Pedestrian areas are now displayed as "City park" polygons (0x17).
> This is potentially somewhat confusing, as these pedestrian squares
> are generally completely paved, or may contain actual city parks.
> However I am not aware of any other Garmin polygon with an appropriate
> semantic meaning for this situation. I suppose city park is the best
> compromise.

Yeah, I agree. I don't really like that the plazas are marked as parks
but as you mentioned, there aren't any other suitable Garmin polygons.

> I'll most likely keep these definitions in my custom style files, but
> other users may have different opinions on the matter.
>
> Thanks for this: the rendering of pedestrian squares as residential
> roads has always bothered me. :-)

Not a problem. But really you should thank whoever made the style
system - I think it was Steve - it made this patch easy to make :-)

Cheers, Ben