logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] patch to correct plazas in default style

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Fri Feb 20 13:19:59 GMT 2009

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:58:23 -0600
<snip>
> Tagging an area as a highway, is that commonplace? According to
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features, highways are lines,
> not areas.

Yes, as Clinton pointed out, highway=pedestrian, area=yes is correct
for plazas and squares. The only strange thing I think I'm doing with
the patch is this:

# other highways that have area=yes set must be parking lots
highway=* & area=yes [0x05 resolution 21]

AFAIK, only squares and plazas should use the highway and area tags
together but I thought I'd try to be clever and catch some bad
tagging.  This also ensures all of the highway tags are caught as is
the case with the current version of the style. I think that this
could be omitted if you don't like it.

Cheers, Ben