logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Thu Feb 19 21:15:29 GMT 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 22:07, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>> Thanks for testing! Being near longitude zero is it, probably, as I
>> was
>> comparing unsigned map units. Could you try r911?
>
> I'm afraid I don't see any difference with the latest version.
>
> Sometimes (but not always) I can route from W/E near the top of a
> tile.
> I'll look for more patterns.

Ok, that's too bad.

There's a clear difference between W/E and N/S since the boundary
nodes are sorted first by longitude, then by latitude. So NOD 3 starts
with the left edge from bottom to top, then the top and bottom edges
mixed together, and finally the right edge from bottom to top.

This appears to agree with what other maps look like, though I may be
missing something.

One thing to check would be whether the boundary nodes in adjacent
tiles actually match up, or whether we've got a bug somewhere.

Cheers
Robert