logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Thu Feb 19 01:12:12 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:56:24AM +0000, Mark Burton wrote:
> I appears to work fairly well in mapsource although I have found that for
> long routes it gives up and draws a straight line even though it can route OK
> if you add some intervening waypoints. So, more work required but it would
> be great to get some feedback as to how it's currently performing
> especially on real gps units.

I'm finding that crossing a vertical edge of a tile almost never works, but
that crossing a horizontal one is fine.

So even the simplest route on the same road from west to east takes a long
time to calculate and then ends up as a straight line or a very weird
route.

There is one vertical boundary that seems OK.  It has positive longitude,
whereas all the others on my mapset have negative longitudes.  So that
may be something to do with it or just a coincidence.

..Steve