logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with routing to a destination at oneway

From Alexander Atanasov aatanasov at gmail.com on Wed Feb 18 15:36:16 GMT 2009

Hi.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Robert Vollmert
<rvollmert-lists at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2009, at 15:44, Alexander Atanasov wrote:
>>
>>  Dir Indicator is necessery for finding the position on the road.
>
> "Dir Indicator" is the flag 0x02 in NET for you?

I mean the polyline flag. As for the flags in NET i think they are
either shortcuts/hints for the whole road flags or they can be used for routing
if there is no NOD data.

>> Street A ----->----->---->-------
>> Street A -----<-----<----<-------
>>
>> Where Street A is defined by two separate lines which are very close,
>> like in a road w/ fence in the middle. They are close and when the dir
>> indicator is set it helps to find on correct line you are when moving.
>> So you don't see yourself on
>> the opposite direction lane.
>
> Ok, that's another point where orientation comes in. But we might as well
> call this flag oneway, right?

Yes. it's the same thing, different names.

--
have fun,
alex