logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Interesting partial success when inter-tile routing

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Feb 17 22:27:46 GMT 2009

I have managed to route across a tile boundary but the route that was taken
was not optimal, it took a much longer route than necessary.

Further investigation showed that the "obvious" road to take did not join
across the boundary of the tiles but the road that was used must have joined
across the boundary.

I was routing from west to east and I could route right up to the boundary
OK but if I wanted to be on the eastern side of the boundary, the routing
was done via other roads and so it reached the destination coming from the
east.

So, is it just a matter of making the coordinates match better? If so,
how do we do that? Rounding?

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark