logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Thoughts on OSM routing

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Tue Feb 17 18:40:19 GMT 2009

Mark Burton schrieb:
> Hi Johann,
>

>> Sorry to tell you, at the moment it works not for me. If I set the start
>> of the routing near a boundary, my etrex hangs up. But I've some other
>> problems with the bounding box, maybe this is the real reason.
>>

> You're definitely in uncharted territory there!

No, the area should be well charted :-)
> What's the problem with the bounding box?

If I prepare a osm file with splitter, the bounds are calculated with
some overlap, which should get cut by mkgmap. As far as I can see, this
overlap is not cut away from the map. The bounding boxes of the
resulting combined gmapsupp.img are overlapped. I will explain more
precise tomorrow, today I'm in a hurry.