logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] abbreviated names of streets and POIS in Nokia E90 Garmin Mobile XT

From nyem nyem69 at gmail.com on Mon Feb 16 16:33:08 GMT 2009

maning sambale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please see video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAKj_TD0DJA
>
> Street names and POIs are abbreviated.
>
> The gmapsupp file is from the nod version generated using the following command:
> java -Xmx512m -jar mkgmap.jar --latin1 --country-abbr=PHI
> --country-name=PHILIPPINES --road-name-pois --route --gmapsupp
> philippines.osm

I have the same problem with symbian MobileXT. What I do is generate all
labels/streetnames in uppercase and insert a lowercase text somewhere in
the label.

"aeiou BURGER KING" will then appear as "BURGER KING" in POI search.
Street "aeiou JALAN BATU TIGA LAMA" will appear as "Continue to ?????
JALAN BATU TIGA LAMA" during navigation.

Not perfect, but good enough for testing your maps on MobileXT :)

regards,
nyem