logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI for buildings

From Bernhard Heibler bernhard at heibler.de on Sun Feb 15 15:08:59 GMT 2009

Hi Stefan,

I think the problem is that a building is a area and not a single point.
As far as I know the garmin devices will only mention points as POI in
the lists. I already noticed the same problem with parking lots.

We could insert a virtual point in the middle of the area. In the
attachment there is experimental code for the nod branch to do so. My
simple and dirty implementation could result in duplicated POIs since
some parking lots are already tagged with a extra single point. This
could be prevented by checking if the area already contains such a point.

To make this also working with buildings I think you have to add
building into resources/styles/default/polygons first. osm2mp uses
garmin type 0x13 for buildings. Otherwise mkgmap just ignore such
polygons ...

Berni.