logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] pink line doesn't draw correctly

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sat Feb 14 18:10:19 GMT 2009

> Further investigation shows that (with the way in it's orginal direction)
> you can route out of bb into aa in either direction and it will be OK.
>
> So it appears that you don't actually need a node at the end of a dead-end
> way to be able to route towards the end.
>
> As soon as you try and route out of aa (either to the N or S) you get
> the pink line going to the W end of aa.

I can confirm your results.

More refined investigations:
If routing starts on the east half of aa (between two nodes) everything
is ok with every destination.
If routing starts in the wast half of aa (with the missing end node) and
destination is N or S then the purple line fills the whole segment. (Not
starting from current position and going  in the wrong direction, but
the whole segment!).

I agree, that there in theory should not be needed a node, as there is
no junction between two streets. Routing works fine without the final
node, but the drawing algorithm seems to need it.

Latest news:
I've just discovered, that the error has something to do with the zoom
level!
If I zoom out to 120m then the pink line draws correct.