logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] some reports on the recent svn-nod mkgmap

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Fri Feb 13 09:32:08 GMT 2009

Hello Maning,

> I've recently used the the nod branch using the native OSM file as
> input, and here are some comments on my brief use:
> tested on my garmin etrex legend cx and mapsource
>
> 1.  routing is fine for short routes of a 100KM but not so for very
> long routes about 1200KM (yeah maybe too much).  Mapsource reports an
> error "Error Code:3" and my etrex just hangs to 99% when calculating
> the route.  I also have another map from another source and Mapsource
> doesn't reports error code:3

Sorry, at this time I don't know why you get that.

> 2.  roads and cities are now searchable! But islands names are not.
> (My previous using osm2mp can search islands)

Thanks, I will look into making island names searchable.

> 3. ferry routes are not routing

Make sure that the ferry route ends join the roads on the land.

> I also added contours and the looks are excellent!  However, when
> panning and zooming for long periods on my etrex, the whole map just
> disappear.  Is this a a problem with unit and not the data?

On my etrex, when I pan a large area it does take a few seconds to
redraw - I guess it depends how much detail is there?

> Hope this helps the dev team.

Yes, all feedback is welcome.

Cheers,

Mark