logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Wed Feb 11 23:56:53 GMT 2009

> > Hmm, did it only include 90% of the roads?

I converted the same .osm to a map via osm2mp and directly and this is
the sizes of each section:

jv test.ListFile 63240001.img # mp
63240001.RGN    147589
63240001.TRE    1733
63240001.LBL    25827
63240001.NET    62571
63240001.NOD    197588

jv test.ListFile 63240002.img # osm
63240002.RGN    155304
63240002.TRE    1947
63240002.LBL    27060
63240002.NET    66716
63240002.NOD    169134

So in fact, there are more roads etc in the OSM version than the MP
version.

However, the NOD section is much larger on the MP version; it contains
fewer roads but more routing nodes.

I assume that the different number of roads is differences in how they
are joined together.  I can't see or think why the number of nodes
would be different.

..Steve