logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Feb 11 20:37:08 GMT 2009

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for the feedback.

> thanks for the great new feature. I did today a test drive with R876 of
> the nod branch. Overall I liked the routing and I was not lost.  Here
> are my notes:
>
> - I suggest to skip the ref tag in brackets for street names if the name
> tag is present. e.g. Example Street (St 2359) The added ref name seams
> to disturb the semantic analyzer of the nuvis text to speed engine.
> Seams to cause wrong grammar. This sounded better with the polish version.

The ref tag in brackets is added by the rules in
resources/styles/default/lines so you can change it to suit your own
requirements. For me, how it is at the moment is OK.

> - It seams that restrictions are not implemented. Nuvi tried to route me
> through a "destination only" road. Didn't happen with polish version.

Right, I shall look into that.

> - Map generation with bigger maps seams to be rather time consuming.
> Generation of my map (160km x 160 km) takes now 19 minutes.  With the
> old method it took 3 minutes for osm2mp and 4 minutes for mkgmap. I ran
> hprof but I didn't find the time consuming portion until now.

OK - if you find out where the time's going, please say.

Cheers,

Mark