logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Bernhard Heibler bernhard at heibler.de on Wed Feb 11 19:31:37 GMT 2009

Hi Mark,

thanks for the great new feature. I did today a test drive with R876 of
the nod branch. Overall I liked the routing and I was not lost.  Here
are my notes:

- I suggest to skip the ref tag in brackets for street names if the name
tag is present. e.g. Example Street (St 2359) The added ref name seams
to disturb the semantic analyzer of the nuvis text to speed engine.
Seams to cause wrong grammar. This sounded better with the polish version.
- It seams that restrictions are not implemented. Nuvi tried to route me
through a "destination only" road. Didn't happen with polish version.
- Map generation with bigger maps seams to be rather time consuming.
Generation of my map (160km x 160 km) takes now 19 minutes.  With the
old method it took 3 minutes for osm2mp and 4 minutes for mkgmap. I ran
hprof but I didn't find the time consuming portion until now.

Berni.