logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Feb 10 21:05:16 GMT 2009

Hi Johann,

> For me my file is also a little smaller. The osm2mp converted one has
> 13.3MB, the direct converted one has 13.1 MB. Not that much difference.
> I miss no roads, routing is the same with both files. For the moment I
> see absolutely no difference.

Very good.

BTW - the lines file needs to be updated (see earlier message to Paul)
to make routing on roundabouts work as before.

Incidentally, I am currently looking at a route on my etrex where the graphical
description (aka picture on the screen) shows taking the second exit at a
particular roundabout (which is correct) but the text that goes with the picture
says, take the first exit (which is wrong!) - not sure what's happening there.

> Thank you for your great work.

Shucks, it was nothing - actually, that's not just me being modest
because all I did was fill in a few missing gaps - Steve (and others) had
already done the bulk of the required work earlier.

Cheers,

Mark