logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Feb 10 17:32:55 GMT 2009

Hi Johann,

> > The commit email doesn't make it obvious, but the new code has been committed to
> > to the nod branch, not the trunk.
> >
> Only for clarification: How is the nod-branch to be considered? Is it
> the working branch and only tested features get the way into the main
> branch?
> As far as I know the routing capabilities are merged to the main trunk now.

That's true and I was surprised to see the new support for routing from OSM
files had been checked into a branch (rather than trunk) as the new
code has little impact when --route is not being specified and doesn't
affect the routing when the input is from a mp file.

So, just in case it's useful, I have attached a patch of my latest
code. It's relative to the current trunk (rather than the nod branch
which actually contains most of it). It should support routable ferry routes.

Cheers,

Mark