logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option --latin1 not working any more?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Thu Feb 5 21:14:02 GMT 2009

> added to the PolishMapDataSource class which assumes the characters
> are iso-8859-1. To fix it I changed '--codepage' to '--codepage 1252'

Yes mkgmap used to have bugs in recognising the codepage in the .mp file
and people came up with various workarounds that didn't work for everyone.

Now mkgmap is fixed to use the codepage that is in the .mp file
have to give the correct code page to osm2mp.

Note that the default codepage with osm2mp is 1251 which is for Russian and so
it is essential to give the --codepage 1252 option.

..Steve