logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems trying to generate contour lines for France

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Sun Feb 1 11:10:53 GMT 2009

Hi

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 01:16:58AM +0100, Frédéric Bonifas wrote:
> I have generated 160 .osm files with srtm2osm to generate a garmin
> elevation map for France. When trying to run mkgmap-r844 on the folder
> containing the files, I got a problem :

> 	at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:991)
> 	at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:510)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.xml.Osm5XmlHandler.addNode(Osm5XmlHandler.java:316)

This happens because srtm2osm sometimes misses out the longitude
coordinate.  At least an earlier version did that, when I tried recently
with the latest version I didn't get any problems but I may have just been
lucky.

I can anyway fix mkgmap so that it ignores points that don't have both a
latitude and longitude.

Regards

..Steve