logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Wrong_route_calculation / strange straight routing lines on GPS

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Sat Jan 31 21:05:26 GMT 2009

Gert Münzel escribió:
> Carlos Dávila schrieb:
>>> On Jan 28, 2009, at 23:10, Gert Münzel wrote:
>>> /> making my first steps with mkgmap that, although the routing works
>> />/> fine in Mapsource, i get in trouble on my Gps unit Garmin
>> gmap60csx.  />/> Very often i got these strange straight magenta
>> routing lines in  />/> between normal routing.
>> />/> Meanwhile i figured out that it seems to be that t has something
>> to  />/> do with the length of a polyline. I don't know if it is the
>> count of  />/> points/nodes of the polyline or still the lenght or both.
>> />/> But comparing the same mp-file once compiled with mkgmap, once
>> with  />/> cgpsmapper i see, that cgpsmapper split these long lines
>> during  />/> mkgmap leave them like they are.
>> />
>>> How did you compare the IMG files? Have you tried decompiling the
>>> broken IMG with test.display.*? Have you tried manually splitting
>>> the  polylines in the .mp-file? Does it help?
>>>
>>> My guess is that the problem lies with long polylines (in the .mp-
>>> file) that are split into several polylines (in the IMG) by mkgmap,
>>> which results in a road made up of several polylines.
>>>
>>> But if I understand you correctly, maybe the problem is just with
>>> long  polylines in the IMG file?
>>

>> I think there must be something else than length of polylines and
>> number of nodes. I get this error in a route that always starts at a
>> node in a roundabout, no matter how far you fix the destination out
>> of this point or in how many pieces you split the way.
Checking the map in gpsmapedit I realized that although I split the
problematic road in several small pieces in JOSM, they are again merged
in a single one when I create the mp file using osm2mp. I would like to
split the road in the mp map to test again, but I don't find any tool
for that in gpsmapedit.