logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Autogenerating street name POIs to allow address searches

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Fri Jan 30 19:44:09 GMT 2009

Carlos,

> Is there any chance to do something similar in mkgmap? May be it could
> insert a POI for each street or tag mid node of the street with its
> name. Or maybe addresses tagged with Karlsruhe Schema [1] can be used.
> Just some ideas.

Yes, I'm sure we could do something like that. Not sure at this time whether
mkgmap should do that or another tool that pre-processes the OSM data.

A suitable type code would be 0x640a (which is a generic Locale). On my
etrex, a point with this type is found in the "geographic points" category
which sounds about right to represent a named way (street).

I shall CC the mailing list so others can pick up on this subject.

Cheers,

Mark