logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Special codes for labeling Polylines don't work neither in Mapsource nor in GPS(e.g. 60csx)

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Wed Jan 28 21:35:34 GMT 2009

Dear Sirs,
during my first attempts with mkgmap, i observed that mkgmap obviously
don't recognized special codes for labels like  "~[0x1e]".
mkgmap simply compiles it as a string. I ngarmin img this codes e.g. are
used for special highway shields or to have some influence from which
zoom level a part of the label will be displayed.
Also it will beused for the routing preview.
Example:
Label=SomeInformation~[0x1e]happy street
On routing preview it then looks like  "Left on happy street"

sincerly

Gert Münzel