logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Name of Relations/Routes

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Mon Jan 26 21:57:55 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 01:47:59PM +0100, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> First, thanks for the fix with relations only reading the first one, now
> it works perfectly. But.....
> How can I set the name of a relation to the individual pieces/streets
> belonging to it?
>
> i.e. a mtbroute has no further attributes but the relation itself is
> called "Anninger-Strecke". I would like to either set this as name for
> all individual routepieces, or add this to the name of the individual
> streets.
> Is this somehow possible or not?

The following style file worked for me.  All the roads had the names
from the route:

<<<version>>>
0
<<<relations>>>
type=route & route=bicycle {
    apply {
        set xroute=xy;
        set route_ref='${route_ref}';
        set name='${name}';
    }
}
<<<lines>>>
xroute=xy [0x1 resolution 16]

There are problems if a piece of road is part of two routes then you only
get to see one name, and of course it clobbers the name of the road.
I can see it would be useful, but unwieldy, to have a way of combining
lots of different partial names together, but thats not possible at the moment.

Regards,

..Steve