logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin "Feature" or bug?

From Someoneelse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk on Mon Jan 26 18:16:53 GMT 2009

> The option is Find Places | Cities. It then brings up a list of those
> "Near Current Location" with an option to "spell" your own.

After selecting "Find" and "Cities" on an etrex I get a choice of "Find
By Name", "Nearest Containing", "Select Map" and "Change Reference".
"Select Map" allows the choice of OSM's map (called "map") or the
built-in one (listed as "RecreationaRoutable Highw") or "Use Best Maps"
(which seems to cause Find by Name to search one and Nearest Containing
the other).

> Other POIs wich can also be searched for such as Find Places | Food &
> Drink or Find Places | Gas Station all allow me to manually enter a name
> without a problem

The etrex doesn't have a "Find by Name" option against these, only
"Nearest Containing", and it only searches the OSM map.

I guess if the Edge doesn't have a way to select the map or search for
"Nearest Containing" you're a bit stuck...