logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin "Feature" or bug?

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Mon Jan 26 17:14:55 GMT 2009

Yes the gmapbmap.img is the base map.

Without the base map file I can't manually enter names at all. As soon
as I try to enter the first letter the unit crashes and turns itself off
(it searches each time you enter a letter so you don't have to type the
full place name)

I have noticed that with the base map if I start entering letters then
it will show me places starting with those letters in other countries
(quite possibly all europe) rather than just the UK.

I updated to r849 today and this still persists but I don't know whether
it's designed to only search the base map or not.

Thanks

Paul