logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin "Feature" or bug?

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Sat Jan 24 12:26:36 GMT 2009

I have a suspicion this is a Garmin "Feature" rather than a bug but
thought it best to check.

I have an Edge 605 which I'm using with routable maps created with
mkgmap r806. If I go to the menu option to Find | Places then my 605
lists all places within a radius including those on the gmapsupp.img.
There is also an option to enter a name manually but if I try this it
only gives me place names from the gmapbmap.img. If I remove the
gmapbmap.img and try again then the 605 crashes which is why I suspect
it's a feature

Can anyone shed any light on this

Thanks

Paul