logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Relations File doesn't seem to work for routes

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Jan 4 20:27:42 GMT 2009

1. After spending much time trying to get type=route route=bicycle to
work I give up. I think the actions set in the relations file are simply
not used, or at least not the apply command on routes.

In relations I have the following:
type=route & route=bicycle { apply {set route=xy; set
route_ref='${route_ref}';} }

and in lines I put as only line:
route=xy [0x0e resolution 20]

I also tried the syntax as written in the relations file from mkgmap folder:
type=route route=bicycle { apply { set route=xy; add rn='${route_no}' ; }}

However I only get empty maps after parsing austria.osm. No better if I
only parse a small region which includes relations that are like this:
<relation id='17206' timestamp='2008-12-29T09:09:47+00:00' user='_al'
visible='true'>
<member type='node' ref='15733829' role='' />
<member type='way' ref='3220516' role='' />
....... (cut here includes many many ways)
<tag k='created_by' v='Potlatch 0.10f' />
<tag k='ref' v='6' />
<tag k='rcn' v='yes' />
<tag k='route' v='bicycle' />
<tag k='name' v='Donauradweg (NÖ)' />
<tag k='type' v='route' />
<tag k='network' v='rcn' />
</relation>

I used "set route=xy" because there is no direct route=xy entry in
austria.osm from geofabrik while some roads are tagged directly as
route=bicycle in order to only pick up those routes set as relations.
However also using "set route=bicycle" yields no result on relations.
This is using mkgmap 628 from SVN. However also with older versions
relations never worked. Am I doing something wrong in syntax, or is
there a bug in the parsing of relations?
Running the above on austria.osm I only get an empty map consisting of
the bounding polygon 0x4b.

2.
How can I create a map with mkgmap without parsing the name= key? (i
need this because I wan't to create a map that I can use as transparent
overlay showing only oneway streets, without actually including the name
key, in order to keep a smaller. Would I need to do this within
relations file or in lines file?

Yours,

Felix