logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] more public testing?

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Sat Dec 6 12:32:10 GMT 2008

On Dec 6, 2008, at 13:17, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> First let me say it has been exciting seeing all the work that
> you've been
> doing even though I've not had a chance to try it out properly
> earlier this week.
> Thanks!

Thanks, it's been fun!

>> What do you think of trying to get some more people to try it out in
>> hope of getting more precise information on what doesn't work yet?
>> I.e.,
>
> Yes lets do that, I will make a build available on the web site and
> announce it here and feel free to advertise it on the main wiki page
> or
> elsewhere.

Great!

> It still isn't working for me in MapSource though, and this is
> probably the
> easiest place to test it.

I don't have MapSource (and no Windows), so I haven't been able to test
it there, just on my GPS receiver. I guess it's quite likely that it
just
makes use of a subset of features, while MapSource would understand the
entire format. You said the problem occurs when there's many roads
meeting
at a node?

Cheers
Robert