logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with search on garmin on HEBREW maps

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 16 15:13:38 BST 2019

Hi Benny,

I've created a map with your options and the default style. I have no idea how to type the hebrew characters on my Oregon but with Basecamp 4.6.2 address search seems to work well. I tested with e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2079033860
I search for housenumber 3 and street זלוציסטי and the result is a pointer which is more or less exactly at the right place.
The same goes for Mapsource 6.16.3

Please check if you can reproduce these results.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Benny Davidovich <bennyd999 at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2019 14:14
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Problem with search on garmin on HEBREW maps

Well if I’m looking for the city via the POI I can find it!

I use the following create:
java -Xmx1200m -jar mkgmap.jar --style-file=C:\GPS\Mkgmap\styles --style="israel" --output-dir=C:\GPS\Garmin_Maps\BMW --gmapsupp -c C:\GPS\Map_Split\template.args

My Template.args:

#
# This file can be given to mkgmap using the -c option
# Please edit it first to add a description of each map.
#

# You can set the family id for the map
family-id: 9720
# product-id: 1
overview-mapname: Israel_BEN

# Following is a list of map tiles.  Add a suitable description
# for each one.

country-name: Israel"
country-abbr: "IL"
unicode
name-tag-list: name:he
remove-short-arcs
generate-sea=multipolygon,extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=6000,floodblocker
check-roundabouts
drive-on: right
route
net