logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Setting mapset-name?

From Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com on Sun Mar 17 12:01:54 GMT 2019

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving some functionality from an old .osm
processor into a mkgmap style, and I'd like to have both old and new
styles on the device (a gpsmap64s) at the same time for comparison.

Before I even got that far I couldn't find a way of changing the mapset
name that is produced.  The script I'm using is
https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/mkgmap_style_ajt/blob/master/garmin_map_etrex.sh
(be aware that that currently has some hardcoded paths in it). so I'm
using "--gmapsupp" to create a ".img" file that I can copy to the device.

".../mkgmap/trunk/src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/combiners/GmapsuppBuilder.java"
contains the default name of "OSM Map Set", and if I change the default
there it does change the value I can see in the .img file.  Despite that
bit of code appearing to be reading an argument from somewhere, setting
"--mapset name=" doesn't seem to work - mkgmap exits with "Invalid
option: 'mapset-name'".

Is there perhaps some order in which the arguments need to be applied?
I've got one lot of input files (6*.osm.gz from splitter) some
intermediate output files (6*.img) and then the final output from the
--gmapsupp - gmapsupp.img, so it's not exactly clear what order would
make sense.

Best Regards,

Andy