logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] A minor, documentation only change request

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Feb 22 16:56:19 GMT 2019

Hi Randolph,

sorry to hear that, but I wonder why the current text is so misleading? Would it be better to have the value from the default style
options file in this text?
levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:18
overview-levels = 4:17, 5:16, 6:15, 7:14, 8:12

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Randolph J. Herber <army.bronze.star at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Februar 2019 16:37
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] A minor, documentation only change request

This request may cause changes in many places; but, no changes to mkgmap
behavior.

It took me close to five years to learn what really was meant by: " but
the lowest usable resolution with MapSource seems to be 11." in
--overview-levels. I suggest a change to " but the lowest usable
resolution (coarsest scale, smallest scale number) with MapSource seems
to be 11." I had interpreted that the numbers to the right of the colon
had to be 11 or smaller numerically.

Randolph J. Herber