logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4271: improve reader for polish (*.mp) format

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Feb 11 17:34:54 GMT 2019

Hi Andrzej,

thanks for testing. I've also noticed that some settings in the mp file are ignored. I'll try to fix that.
No idea about the overview map. Is that created from an mp file or is it computed by mkgmap from ovm_* ?
The setting Preview in [IMG ID] section is ignored, as are many others. I don't know if that is intended.

I think the String PL comes from the LocatorConfig.xml, but I'll verify that tomorrow.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Februar 2019 17:43
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r4271: improve reader for polish (*.mp) format

Hi Gerd,

I have complied a big map from mp sources (about 3.8GB in 50 files) in
one go. Map is usable, routable, with index search and DEM. It is quite
impressive, thanks!

The problems I have noticed:
- Overview map is not accepted by Mapsource and Basecamp. It looks ok,
but it includes NET, NOD and DEM. Maybe empty NET/NOD is a problem?

- I can't control parameters defining house number after street name or
zip code before city name. I guess mkgmap takes them form some config
file, which is not used for mp sources.

- Value of mapid is taken form file name instead of mp source.

- There seems to be 2 sets of city/region/country names in search index.
In my sources country is named "POLSKA TOPO~[0x1d]PL" and some results
from address search contain this name, while others use simply "PL". I
don't use "bounds" option, I can't guess from where comes country "PL".
In my mp sources, city/region/country appears in 2 places. Once as
statements CitName, RegionName, CountryName, second as a part of
Numbers# statement. Maybe there is different processing for them?

- ~[0x1d] is a special character, indicating country/region
abbreviation. See cgpsmapper manual paragraph 4.2.2.1. Mkgmap doesn't
process this code in country name. My guess is that any value inside
"~[]" could be simply inserted into label as a hex value.

- For search results with country name from my sources, national
characters are wrong. Maybe mkgmap assume that mp source is in Unicode?
Cgpsmapper doesn't support Unicode, my mp sources are in code page 1250.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej